The Preston - Blackpool North line runs from the Main station of Preston situated on the West Coast Mainline, to the ever popular summer holiday resort of Blackpool. The route has been lovingly re-created by our own Thomas Harrison, and has every last detail included. The line doesn't only feature the main run between Preston and Blackpool, but it also features the Preston Docks line, and the Ribble Steam Railway.
The full list of requirements is at the bottom of the page in the linked manual
What's new in V1.106:
- Speeds changed accordingly in places that were not quite right. - Missing AWS magnets
- Signal Fixes.
- Scenario Updates to ones that had stock issues “Please see scenario read-me.” - Platforms Relaid along the line.
- Terrain Textures amended .
- Track Replaced to newer style.
- Various scenery fixes.
- Blackpool South Track added but no scenery yet.
- Reverb added to bridges along with other sound changes
- New scenarios included
- New Portals added for scenarios
- Track laid to Ormskirk, Colne, Clitheroe, Buckshaw Parkway and Euxton Junction.
- Burn Naze Freight line added with minor scenery.
- Missing signals placed at Preston P4 & 5
- Semaphores changed to now use North Wales Coast.
- OHLE Overhaul on the WCML this uses extra payware to get the full potential which is NLL Goblin and ECML Peterborough to London.
- Salwick Signal Box, Poulton Signal Box and Kirkham Signal Box
- Completed signalling upto skew bridge with correct speeds in place and signs
- Signal Cages added to signal gantries
- New scenario added “2N16”
Preston located in the county of Lancashire but also the junction for the Blackpool North line to separate from the West Coast Mainline. The station has been recreated to the best of our ability without actually having custom assets built. We think you'll agree Thomas, has done a great job at recreating the jewel of Lancashire.
Poulton-le-Fylde is the next station, and also used to be the former junction for the line that used to serve Fleetwood. However the track is still in place for a majority of the line, it is now closed and doesn't see daily use, and was last used in 2006 though a preservation group are hoping to reopen sections of it.
In between Poulton & Blackpool is the small station of Layton this is only around a mile from Blackpool North.